Your Source for Mobile Location-Related News
We are repurposing this site to track all things (or as best we can) location-related as it pertains to the Coronavirus. Below will be a running tally on how the virus is involving or impacting the use of location in various types of Use Cases, as well as how location (and IoT) could be used to address the limitations the virus is imposing on us all. Stay Well! David Williams--Publisher. If you have examples you would like added to this list, please send them to dwilliams@LBSGlobe.com.
Hospitals ("New" uses of location)
- Disease-specific patent tracking
- More stringently-enforced hand-washing
- ETracking of available masks, gloves, haz-mat suits, and key equipment (e.g. Ventilators)
- Tracking and Managing possible exposure of Doctors and Nurses
- Bringing on-board and tracking retired and other formerly out-of-the-business resources.
Last Update: April 6, 2020
Consumer Goods (Consumable) Manufacturers
- Micro-tracking by good of real-time demand, by varying sized location and geofences (e.g. by grocery store, city, state, hot-spot)
- Micro-tracking of manufacturing/supply chain by good and location
- Micro-tracking of delivery status by good and location
Hotels (and AirBnb) and Restaurants - While closed
- "Repurposing" of hotel rooms to use for quarantines, with associated close tracking of guest containment, use of services, services being provided, etc.
- Tracking last cleaned status, including materials (need IoT sensors/tags to track what cleaning products were uese, where, and how much)
- Tracking of health status of guests (and in the case of AirBnB, the owners) relative to room/property (incredibly Privacy-invasive)
- Geofencing high-risk areas (e.g. in-house fitness centers-including by machine, changing rooms, etc.), buffet dining
- Truly contactless check-in (checkout already contactless); related: automated check-in (e..g. no front desk clerks)
- Mini-"quarantined" or safe rooms for AirBnb owners (e.g. guests can use or access certin rooms, with electonic monitorong to enforce)
Restaurants (particularly Delivery Service Management)
- Home Delivery Management - Providing restaurants with greater ability to manage (multiple) home delivery services, based on (in part) demographics of customers and nature of deliveries
Consumer Behavior - Dating
- Virtual Dating (though qualified by nearness/locatio